I Believe In Miracles

Kathleen (51K) On March 22, 2012, I was rushed to the local emergency room. The symptoms I’d experienced for the previous five days were similar to a very bad case of the flu. I was mistaken. After extensive medical tests performed at the hospital, the results revealed that my appendix had been ruptured for five days and a softball sized mass was in my abdomen. The doctors saw that immediate surgery was required to save my life. I was rushed to the surgical floor and prepared for surgery. I was then taken into a cold room with the surgical team waiting for my arrival. As I slowly moved myself onto the surgical table, I was filled with peace as I prayed wisdom for the surgeon and entrusted my life into the care of Jesus my Healer.

The next thing I remember was waking up in tremendous pain in the recovery room after three hours of surgery. I was not given any pain medication due to my hypertension and was feeling the full effect of the surgery. I was promised pain relief after I was moved into my private hospital room.

After being transferred to my private hospital room, I was given pain medication and my doctor gave me the details of the surgery. He removed twelve inches of intestine that were destroyed by the infection as well as the huge potentially cancerous mass and my Ileocecal Valve (the valve located between the large and small intestine). He also told me that due to the valve removal I would have chronic digestive issues for the rest of my life along with additional surgeries if complications developed. Instead of believing the doctor’s diagnosis, I chose to believe I wouldn’t need any more surgery. I wouldn’t have digestive issues, and the pathology report would be negative for cancer. I learned a day later from one of my CNAs that my doctor and the hospital staff didn’t expect me to live through the first night after surgery due to the amount of infection throughout my body and the damage it caused.

The next morning I awoke to a 105 degree fever and it was climbing. As I lay in the hospital bed alone, I shook violently. A spirit of death came into my room and was standing next to my bed waiting. At that moment, I realized it was either my time to go home to heaven or it was time for me to decree and declare my healing through faith in Jesus. I prayed out loud, “Father God, if it’s my time to come home I have no fear and embrace Your will for me. If it’s not my time, in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth who came in the flesh by His shed blood and the stripes He received for my healing, I declare I’m healed from the top of my head to the tip of my toes down to my very DNA!” Immediately, the Spirit of Death left me and I was aware the infection had left my body. The fever was gone.

Within twenty minutes, I was divinely empowered to get out of bed on my own for the first time. I left the bed and began walking down the hospital hallway with my IV stand in tow. My nurse recognized me and came running. With her eyes as big as saucers, she exclaimed, “Are you the same woman I left twenty minutes ago?” I replied, “I am. I believe in the healing power of Jesus and I’m standing here healed because of Him.” She was speechless as she escorted me back to my room and helped me back into bed. I felt so much better I asked her to communicate to my doctor that I wanted to be released from the hospital, but my doctor refused. He explained he wanted to keep me for further observation in case the infection showed up again. It never did. The moment the fever left my body I believe Jesus’ blood cleansed my blood from all infection and a creative miracle of a new Ileocecal valve was mine.

Four days later, before I was released from the hospital, the nurse who had witnessed my healing said she had questions and asked if she could speak to me before I was discharged from the hospital. I agreed. During our hour long conversation, I shared with her the other healing miracles I’ve received throughout my life. With each healing testimony I shared, she would say “But that’s medically impossible!” To which I replied, “Exactly! Only through Jesus are miracles manifested in a person’s life.” She replied, “I will never forget this conversation.”

Before our time was up, this precious nurse believed in Jesus and received Him into her heart. I told her I would have gone through the entire ordeal just so she could receive God’s love for her and Jesus into her heart. She gently hugged me with tears running down her face that was now transformed by God’s love.

A week after returning home, I received the pathology report showing the snow ball sized mass removed in surgery was benign. Today, my digestive tract continues to function perfectly. I know it always will thanks to Jesus. “He (Jesus) was wounded for our transgressions: he was broken for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him, and with his stripes are we healed.” Isaiah 53:5